Okay, we are talking about the use of textures in photography, and right now we are concentrating on in-camera techniques. All right, so…where can you find images with great texture? The following tips should point you in the right direction, but there are many more subjects–
- Construction materials — bricks, cement, tiles, flooring, metals
- Wood — tree bark, logs, cut wood with grain patterns, roots
- Sand — beaches (wet and dry), dunes, desserts
- Animals — fur, feathers, scales
- Water — bubbles, surface patterns
Use YOUR imagination, and tell us what you come up with. Come on now, we really want to hear from you.
P.S. This blog entry was published on Jan 2, but apparently did not post anywhere but on my blog site. I am attempting to navigate from wordpress.com to wordpress.org, but may give it up for a bad deal. Stay tuned, but please be patient with me. I am not giving up my blog!